Slide Away has not been able to run any face-to-face services since March 2020 due to COVID-19.
We are currently working hard to try to resume all of our services in the autumn term of 2020/21 academic year, although the format of some of our activities may be altered.
When resumed, all face-to-face workshops will follow current government guidelines on social distancing, including reducing the number of children attending each workshop. Our provisional risk assessment is available here. Further information will be available mid/late September 2020.
From September onwards, we will contact parents/carers and schools of children awaiting placement when we are able to offer their child a place at a workshop or memory day (which we hope to resume in October). As you can imagine, having not run any workshops or memory days since March, we have a larger than normal waiting list of children, so please bear with us while we allocate places at our workshops. We intend to increase the number and frequency of workshops we run to offer all children a placement as soon as we possibly can.
In the meantime, during term-time, we are still working behind the scenes and are continuing our work which does not necessitate face-to-face contact.
- We continue to accept new referrals
- We continue to accept requests from new schools to become ‘toolkit trained’ (albeit virtually), so that they can refer children to Slide Away
- We are providing information for schools to support bereaved children and young people on their return to school during the Coronavirus pandemic. This information can be found here.
- We are updating our website to provide up-to-date information to schools, parents and carers. Please check back regularly for the latest information
- We are very aware that Slide Away's work is about bringing together bereaved children and their families to alleviate the 'isolation' of grief. We are, therefore, available to answer any questions you may have about supporting children, from parents, carers, and schools, in the meantime. Our contact number is 07970 597715 email email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding.
Previous COVID-19 updates: