Following the worsening situation with Covid-19 cases locally and the government announcement on Monday 4th January that a new period of lockdown is to commence, Slide Away has suspended all face-to-face services with immediate effect.
Slide Away is continually reviewing the situation as the government updates its rules and guidance and will recommence as soon as it is possible to do so safely.
Although Slide Away is unable to carry out face-to-face services at this time, we are still fully functional behind the scenes, whilst keeping safe.
- We are still accepting new referrals from schools
- Our Workshop Assessment Co-ordinators are busy carrying out telephone assessments of current referrals
- We continue to accept requests from new schools to become ‘Slide Away trained’ so that they can refer children to Slide Away
- We are planning ways to support children virtually
- We are planning for when we are able to resume face-to-face services.
We are very aware that Slide Away's work is about bringing together bereaved children and their families to alleviate the 'isolation' of grief. We are, therefore, available to answer any questions you may have about supporting children, from parents, carers, and schools, whilst they are awaiting placement. Our contact number is 07970 597715 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be contacting families and schools again once we are able to resume our services. In the meantime, we are updating our website to provide up-to-date information to schools, parents, and carers. Please check back regularly for the latest information.
Thank you for your understanding.
Previous COVID-19 updates: