Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget, The Aim Group has several free online Level 2 Accredited Courses available to Parents to help better understand some key issues around young people's mental health and wellbeing.
Here's some of the following most popular subjects available (over 40 others available on website)
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impact that they have, and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, the importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (tailored to inform about how separation, divorce and death in the family can have an effect on children and young people’s Mental Health)
On average the courses take between 20-35 hours to complete within in a 6-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner's home. No Exams, endpoint assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A-based and are available to you 24/7. You can do as many as you like, however you can just do one at a time.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible is the following:
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government-funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
The course is completely free, but the learning provider reserves the right to charge a drop-out fee in the event a learner enrols but then drops out without providing a reason. That said, the college will grant extensions if the learner has a reason as to why they won't be able to complete it within the 6 weeks.
If you are interested in undertaking one of these Free Online courses, then please click the link below.